9.26.2009

Quick Update

I'm in Upstate NY for a friend's wedding this weekend, and in a moment of down time, I thought I'd post some art journal entries from the past few months. I forgot how windy and crisp the air is in the fall up in NY. Though, I still don't miss NY, especially in the dead of winter. Virginia is so much more temperate, and worth the hotter summers. 

It has been nice going on a road trip with friends, and just having a good time. I needed a break away. Anyway, here are some journal entries.


This is how I started one entry....


This is the final product. I wish my scanner was better, because it looks much better in person. I labeled this journal entry "Synchronicity". Earlier that day, I was driving to work and had the radio on the background. Suddenly, I heard the lyrics "Even if your hands are shaking and your faith is broken, do it with your heart wide open and say what you need to say." John Mayer. Weird, because I was trying to get up the nerve to say something that I knew I needed to say to someone. This painting is for one of Julie's Layer Love classes, and the assignment was to add in multiple colors. I knew I had this piece of paper cut out from a magazine that had many colors in it that I would use for inspiration. I went home, got the paper out, and there was a word on it! I didn't remember that, and how interesting that it was the word "Vent"

Weird

Before I got started on the painting, I was perusing the internet and came across an article all about "Synchronicity." I had heard the word before, but never really thought about it. The definition is "the experience of two or more events that are causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful way."

Huh 

I have never experienced anything like that before, and thought it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment