12.16.2009

I did it!!

**does happy dance**

It was (mostly) a labor of hate...but I F.I.N.A.L.L.Y finished the painting for my mom for christmas. I don't know what it was, but the past few weeks have been horrible. I haven't wanted to pick up a pen, paintbrush, pencil...nothing. I have slowly worked on the painting my mom wants over the past few weeks, and with each added layer (oh, the layers! I feel like I wasted 17 zillion things of EXPENSIVE paint) I hated it more. Maybe earth tones are not my color palette? Maybe I don't like making things FOR people? It feels like "work" in the sense that this is a product other people will see. When I am just playing around, its fun. How do you get over that? I loveeeee doing this stuff, but if I get this huge creative block every time I have to make something for someone, I might as well stop! There really isn't even any pressure. My mom said she would like earth tone colors, and gave me a quote. Thats it. I don't know. Any tips, advice, would be so lovely.

Here is the final product (obviously, she doesn't read this blog)










The amount of color changes and layers this has is ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous painting... love all that color and yummy texture! She's going to adore it!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. ♥

    xo,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete