9.26.2010

Works in Progress

I've spent the last week or two ruminating
on some ideas, and thinking about
how I want their final output to look like.
I'm still ruminating, but I have at least started
sketches! 
Have a look see at my beginning stages.
You may notice each one is in a completely
different journal/paper type.
:)
This is the biggest size, 9x12 I believe.
What hopefully will be a birthday present for my dad.
Inspired by a painting I saw in my boss's house whilst babysitting.
 This little sketch (in my Sketchbook Project) was inspired by some
Sarah McLachlan lyrics.
I plan on using watercolor in some fashion.
And this little bugger is inspired by
my favorite little guy that I babysit for.
He likes Legos.
I hope this turns out as nicely as I have it pictured in my head.
I practiced the letter drawings on tracing paper,
an idea stolen from Andrea Joseph.
Except, if I were to transfer it onto the paper,
the letters would have been put on backwards!
DUH!
After some thought (I spent nearly two hours doing this...)
I decided to just cut the letters out and glue it right to the page.
It quickly answered what medium I was going to use;
Acrylics.
It would be hard to do watercolor or pen over gel mediumed 
tracing paper.
Acrylics, I hope I still know how to use you!
As you may see, I'm still on the quest to
learn to draw.
Just keep practicing.
Stay tuned for (hopefully) some finished products.

No comments:

Post a Comment