10.31.2010

A finished painting

(edit: I took a better picture of this!)
This picture is a little blurry, but I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y
finished a painting for somebody else other than me.
I've had half done paintings just sitting,
letting fear overriding everything else.
I am still struggling, but had a nice talk with a friend the other day
and she demanded that I finish a painting!
She suggested that I treat paintings I make for other people
(and this is just family)
like I would if I were just "playing" in my art journal.
I let the fear of it not being good enough halt my creativity.
This is the watercolor before I added the ink.
A better representation of what it looks like.
I hated this painting for awhile.
I knew it needed more, but didn't know what.
Last night with a fresh state of mind I decided to Play.
I can't say this will always work, my Fear is great.
But I like the end result, and it got me out of my head.
(and into my heart!) teehehe.
A detail shot from my Music Book.
I played with gel and texture.
The lyrics by Ray LaMontagne, who speaks directly to my soul.
I get so tired staring at the walls,
weight so heavy and that mountain so tall.
Is there no one who will catch me if I fall?
Its more than I can take and wish I could fake it
or pretend like I don't know whats going on.
Somethings wrong, I'm trying to hold on,
just a little longer.
Thank you all for your support and encouragement on my last post.
I may not always write back, but I read them all, and each makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. Love the painting and knowing it comes from playing makes it even more beautiful in my eyes ! ;)
    Love Ray...
    Hugs, Artist Girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice piece of painting. You have used great color combination.

    I know about dot paintings Its an excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece you have completed! The colors are nice, and the tree is the perfect touch. I can so relate to your fear, and am happy that you've find a way to move through it. You have much to be proud of here!

    ReplyDelete