10.13.2009

Artist's Way


I have read so many positive reviews of this book/workshop for unlocking creativity. I was interested and researched more about it. I stopped researching at "A spiritual path to higher creativity."

No thanks!

I might be the least spiritual person you will ever meet. I don't need to read anything that talks about looking to God!

Time passed and I kept reading positive results from this book. I thought to myself "Well, you can just ignore the God bits and see what happens." Right now I am trying VERY hard to do anything I can to help me unlock creativity that I really want to be deep inside me. To help lead me to some sort of happiness, freedom. What do I have to lose? Nothing. I really don't.

I received the book from the library tonight. Maybe this will be as awesome as people have said. At the very beginning, Julia Cameron says "Do not call it God unless that is comfortable for you. Do not pretend to believe when you do not. If you remain forever an atheist, agnostic-so be it. You will still be able to experience an altered life through working with these principles."

Perfect! Onwards and Upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment