8.12.2010

Stress Relief

I had an even worse day at work yesterday,
and even though I'm house/dog-sitting
I made it a point to go home and paint.
Oh, glorious stress relief.
Lots of layers
Lots of emotional purging
It is weird being emotional.
I have spent my entire life avoiding feelings,
and now that they are joining the party
I can't say I like it very much!
I have two aunts who are just amazing people.
I've started opening up to them more
the past few months, and I couldn't
ask for my supportive people in my life.
My one aunt might actually get mad at me
if I don't ever try to sell my artwork! 
Their support right now is what puts
a smile on my face,
and for that I will be forever grateful.
 My aunt sent me this quote today, and it is so perfect
You think you are alive
Because you breathe air?
Shame on you, that you are alive
In such a limited way.
Don't be without Love,
So you won't feel dead.
Die in Love and stay alive forever
~Rumi 

No comments:

Post a Comment